GETTING A PAYPOWER CARD
The PayPower Visa® Prepaid Card gives you the power to make purchases worldwide anywhere Visa cards are accepted. The PayPower Card is reloadable, so you can add money to the card over and over again. With the PayPower Card, you can make purchases in stores or shop securely online, by phone, or through mail order purchases. The PayPower Card can also be used at millions of ATMs worldwide.
Note: Registration is required for ATM use, to reload the card, and for certain internet purchases.
USING MY PAYPOWER CARD
Card Verification Number
- Your name, address, and phone number
- Your prepaid card account number
- A description of the error or the transaction you are unsure about. Explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- The dollar amount of the suspected error
- Your e-mail address
6220 Stoneridge Mall Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588
or Fax 1 (855) 604-0582
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We're sorry, but we cannot accept telephone correspondence for disputed transactions.
PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR MONEY
Protect yourself against fraud; be aware of current fraud trends and know how to protect yourself and your money.
No one will ever phone or email you asking for your Reloadable PayPower Visa® Prepaid Card number or a PayPower Reload Pack number. If this occurs, hang up immediately, regardless of what the person on the other end of the phone tells you and call 1 (866) 215 3758 to report this as it is fraud.
Additional tips for protecting yourself against fraud and theft when purchasing Reloadable PayPower Visa® Prepaid Cards and Reload Packs
- Never provide your PayPower Reload Pack number (10 digit number under the scratcher on the back of your Reload Pack) to anyone, especially to someone you do not know or trust over the phone. Remember your PayPower Reload Pack is just like cash in your pocket.
- When purchasing Reloadable PayPower Visa® Prepaid Cards and PayPower Reload Packs, always inspect the pack being purchased and look for tampering of any kind.
- Do not use your Reload Pack to pay taxes, bail bond, fees for winnings, or any other type of payment.
- For your Reloadable PayPower Visa® Prepaid Card, never share your PIN (4 digit number used at ATMs) with anybody.
- Check account information and transaction history on a regular basis to ensure there are no fraudulent or unauthorized charges on your account.
- Protect yourself against fraud; be aware of current fraud trends and know how to protect yourself and your money. Click the below links to learn more about these trends in Canada.
- Refuse any offer (Lottery Notice, Product or Service) whereby the purchase of a PayPower Reload pack is required and you are asked to share the PayPower Reload pack number with anybody.
- Do not use your PayPower Reload Pack to pay taxes, fees for winnings, or any other type of payment.
Check account information and transaction history on a regular basis to ensure there are no fraudulent or unauthorized charges on your account.
PLEASE KEEP THESE TIPS IN MIND WHEN PURCHASING AND USING PAYPOWER RELOAD AND PAYPOWER GPR PRODUCTS. TREAT YOUR RELOAD PACK THE WAY YOU WOULD TREAT THE CASH IN YOUR WALLET
- Grandparent or Emergency Scams
- Romance Scams
- Email and Internet Scams
- Employment Scams
- Telemarketing Scams
- Charity Scams
- Gift Card Scam
- Popular Scams
- Popular Tactics To Avoid
- Consultants Who Charge For Assistance
- Who To Talk To If You Think You’ve Been Scammed
- Consumer Beware List
- Canadian Anti-Fraud Center
PAYPOWER RELOAD PACK
- Purchase and load a PayPower Reload Pack at participating merchants and transfer those funds to your card. A reload fee will be added to your purchase.
- Go to www.paypower.ca/reload or call 1 (866) 215-3758 to apply the funds to your card. You will need the 10-digit number located under the scratch-off on the back of the PayPower Reload Pack and the amount loaded onto the PayPower Reload Pack (excluding the reload fee).
- The funds will be applied to your PayPower Card.
- Click here to find a PayPower Reload Pack merchant near you.
Purchase / Maintenance Fees
Retail Purchase Fee$5.95**
Monthly Maintenance Fee$4.95
Value Load/ Reload Fees
RetailUp to $3.95 (may vary by method and merchant)
POS Signature TransactionFREE
ATM Fees (additional ATM fees may apply by ATM owner)
Domestic ATM Withdrawal Fee$1.95***
International ATM Withdrawal Fee$3.95***
Foreign Transaction Fee2.5%
ONLINE ACCESS AND ALERTS
*Standard text messaging rates from your wireless service provider may apply.You can choose from any or all of the following alerts:
- Daily balance alert
- Weekly balance alert
- Transaction alerts – approved or declined transactions, loads, bill payments, etc.
- Service alerts – password changes, PIN changes, etc.
Note: If you choose to receive text messages, standard text messaging fees may apply.
The PayPower Reloadable Visa® Prepaid Card website is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Firefox 25.0 or higher, Safari 5.1 or higher, and Chrome 31.0 or higher.
*Your card is subject to the Visa Zero Liability policy, which covers Canada issued cards only and does not apply to ATM or PIN transactions not processed by Visa. Cardholders must establish that the transaction is not their responsibility as per the Cardholder agreement.